Translate

Friday, January 30, 2015

I think Thomas Harvey was a wealthy Man!!

This map is from the will of Elizabeth Eade and is dated 1879. you can see the name of Mr. Thomas Harvey who purchased Wivenhoe Park house Estate and later sold off  the plots of land.  here you can see the Park Hotel plot on the corner of the High St. and belle vue road and the new road now called Rebow Rd.

Left click on image for super size.

When he died, he left £184 11s 5d. His widow didn't leave a will. I did ask my grandma - his grand-daughter - where the money went, but she didn't know. I suspect he spent it.
Hi Chris ,nice to here from you. John admin.
Thanks to Chris goddard (webrarian).

1 comment:

Webrarian said...

When he died, he left £184 11s 5d.

His widow didn't leave a will.

I did ask my grandma - his grand-daughter - where the money went, but she didn't know. I suspect he spent it.