Translate

Monday, January 12, 2015

like the Ladies hats!

Wivenhoe church choir 1928]
.
         Men's row. left to right.   Ernie Govan, Roger Sparling (landlord of the Station Hotel), Arthur Beckwith (brother of Reg Beckwith who ran a small dairy and shop in BelleVue Road opposite the Opticians), Mr.? Sparling (father of Roger Sparling, lived in Rowhedge and came across to both morning and evening services each Sunday), Bill Cracknell (my uncle, and ran the East Essex Bakery with his father, my grandfather), Jim Gould (Father of Iris Diggens nee Gould),  Dick Paul ( I know that he lived in one of the Gooch houses directly opposite to Boundary Road,and was, I believe, employed by the first Mr. Charles Gooch as butler, coachman etc.).
         The next row - I do not know the first lady, I believe that the second lady is Miss Thelma Wright, who became Mrs. Worsp, mother of John. Harry Hook (Churchwarden), Reverend ? (I will have to look at the display board in church as he was before my days). Mr. Jimmy Moore (Churchwarden), Mr. Green (Choirmaster and organist),  Mrs. Wadley ( as she became on marriage), last lady not known.Vicar is the reverend Carolin.
           Hope that this is of use to you.
Many thanks Tony Forsgate. 
 Reverend not reverent John, in the choir photo. I also believe that Miss Grasby's christian name was Betsy not Betty in the Council photo.
Thanks Tony.

1 comment:

Tony Forsgate said...

Reverend not reverent John, in the choir photo. I also believe that Miss Grasby's christian name was Betsy not Betty in the Council photo.